Monday, January 31, 2011

My First Prezi: King Solomon's Mines are Still Full of Zombies!

"King Solomon's Mines are Full of Zombies! Using 19th Century British Literature to Answer the Resident Evil 5 Race Debate" was the presentation I gave at least year's SWTX PCA/ACA Conference. And the topic is one I've never quite gotten over, since I still love Haggard's "Adventure Story for Boys" and Capcom's "Survival Horror" series. In light of that, I decided to assign the novel as the first in my Intro. to Pop Culture class.

One of the assignments for class involves making a class presentation/leading class discussion on how a particular novel relates to another Pop Culture artifact--the idea is to get students thinking outside of the context of the books we're reading. To get them started, I'm giving a mock presentation to show what I'm looking for. It's basically a bare bones version of that conference presentation. And it's my first time using Prezi, which is awesome, easy to use, and way more fun than PowerPoint!


2 comments:

Andrew Wales said...

Very nice. I have never seen a Prezi, but I think I'd like to try one.

Ben Villarreal said...

It's surprisingly easy to learn, and infinitely cooler than PowerPoint :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin