Saturday, June 5, 2010

Back to Writing!

So...wow, it's been over a month since my last post. And a month it's been. Of course, May means finals week and all that that implies: grading, outcomes assessment, and whatever random administrative stuff needs to be done before my vacation. And then vacation, which in my household is hardcore. This year, it included somewhere in the ballpark of sixty hours of driving, three cities, and 100%+ humidity in two weeks. Pretty epic. We visited family, of course, but we also checked out my wife's top pick for grad schools--Savannah College of Art and Design--and the Coastal Georgian area. It's pretty amazing. We also returned to New Mexico with a stowaway--my youngest brother Noah--who'll be spending the summer with us in our new apartment (into which we've still been slowly settling).

But I plan to spend a lot more time writing this summer--blogs, stories, essays, whatever--as well as reading, movie watching, and video game playing (and I've succeeding in two of those ventures already!). So I should have plenty to report.

I'm also teaching summer school, which I actually really enjoy--it's much more laid back, and I really feel like I have time for my students (since I only have about a third of them from usual). One new thing I'm trying in my class will be to publish, once a week, the best post from our class blog The Rhetoric of Comics. It's partly an incentive (the chosen student will receive some bonus points) and partly a chance for students to get some more feedback.

So, yeah, I've been pretty absent. But stick around for some more updates. It's gonna be a good summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin